:: Re: [dyne:bolic] New User
Author: ryan
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] New User
>The d:b FTP server is down right now. But all the packages I downloaded
showed up on >my hard drive with an extension of .exe. For example,
emacs.dyne.exe, java.dyne.exe, >perl.dyne.exe (quoting from memory). But
the Firefox download dialog shows the file >names properly. I downloaded
from ftp://ftp.dyne.org/dynebolic/modules/ . Maybe it's >because my hard
drive is all NTFS? Perhaps the module that handles NTFS >automatically
changes / adds the extension?

I had the same problem with firefox in d:b on ntfs, cant remember which
versions of things, was a couple of years ago, also making modules etc can
be a bit ugly on ntfs, at least with the drivers at the time.

ryan