:: Re: [dyne:bolic] messing with dyne.…
Author: jaromil
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] messing with dyne.sys in 2.6

hi Tyler,

nice to read now and then that people is good busy!!

i'm also quite active on FreeJ and... even on a new project that
you'll soon hear about by the end of the year ;) something quite
powerful, tailored for autonomous use in our different local
communitites.

but well back to our topic, when working with the 2.6 alpha please
keep in mind this terrible problem of SquashFS 3.0 *not* being
backward compatible with 2.0 (and 2.0 not even being available for
latest Linux kernels...) which will probably prevent us from deploying
it as it is. For *stable* developments that can be shared by our
community and last in time, i recommend still using dyne:bolic 2.5.2
to make new modules.

said that, to unpack the dyne.sys you can still use dynesdk with the
'mkusr' command it will repack everything in your SDK.

happy hacking :)

ciao

- --
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org

GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39