:: Re: [dyne:bolic] dynebolic to start…
Página Principal
Autor: Lukasz Jastrzebski
Para: dynebolic mailinglist
Assunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] dynebolic to start playing a full screen video automatically when boots
Hi there!

It will be possible if you make custom nest. If you'll be able to burn
the file into dynebolic DVD (with the footage; things will be simpler
if you'll install it into pendrive, eg with Fusbi installer - it works
with 2.5.2, you just have choose DHORUBA option from the grub menu
when booting) - you're all set.

How I would do this:

create fresh nest

put all the video files so I can reach it from /home/luther somehow -
link it there in the way it won't break when changing number of
connected disks/drives

find a file that is supposed to be executed when your desktop env.
starts (~/.fluxbox/startup with Fluxbox, don't know XFCE that much).

read mplayer (and xinerama if you have to have dual screen setup) man,

put in the startup file instruction like

mplayer video.avi -loop 0

and fiddle with this (or other) options:
-xineramascreen, -fullscreen, -fstype

you can as well try this sneaky tool, maybe it will make your job
easier without bending d:b to do the job:
http://geexbox.org/en/generator.html
seems like you put playlist with your video 100 (300) times (and the
video file as well) in the main iso directory and you're all set.

If you have 2 PCs for two videos it is much easier, just dunno ;)
It would be also hard to prevent some hardware-related hardware from
saving in nest, eg. when you set up dual screen output and want it to
be independent from video card you'll find in their PC.

Cheers,
Luke