:: Re: [dyne:bolic] emerde
Author: Lukasz Jastrzebski
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] emerde
Adil, there was little mess some time ago, the developers wanted to enable
support for .deb packages in d:b. But I didn't hear any breakdown news, so I
think the idea is dead.
I don't want to have all the software in the world in my old lap, but I need
to have some things really fresh (eg released yesterday Veejay 1.4).
My pain is I have to track down sources and their dependencies manually and
I'm struggling with compilation errors from time to time.
So I wonder if using slackware packages *with* dependencies supported with
slapt-get or emerde, wich is "gentoo's emerge for the rest of us" is an
option for d:b. Even if it is necessery to overinstall all the software to
get things working.
I'm not a genius, so there is little probability that someone tried it too
and will share his/her experience.

And slackware packages are known to work in d:b.

This thing interferes with loosing my faith in Ubuntu. Ubu is too messy for
me.

Cheers,
Luke