:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Freej help for a n…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Jean-lou Schmidt
Oggetto: Re: [dyne:bolic] Freej help for a noob...
Thanks for your quick reply.

> I've just begin to test FreeJ for scripting video mix, i want to use
> > it for a kind of automated video effect generator for a theatre
> > play.
>
> sounds like a nice plan, i've been using it in an interactive way in a
> lot of theatre plays, thanks to javascript is now ready for automation
> and integration with sensors.

It sound like what I need ! I just have to increase my javascript skills for
the moment...

> > I use a Debian 64 unstable distro on AMD64 cpu, and i use the deb
> > package.
> >
> > Each time i try to launch freej with a video file, it crash with error :
> > "symbol lookup error: freej: undefined symbol: img_convert"
>
> this error sounds related to incompatibility between the new ffmpeg
> API and the old one. it is already fixed in the latest development
> version if you compile it from source, from git.dyne.org.

I try to compile from source but i've got errors and my skills need to be
improved to understand what's going on...

> i'm not sure what is the status of the package in debian, mantainers
> are subscribed to this list and always keen to help, but please
> provide us first with the exact version of freej you are using, the
> output of freej -v command.
>
> Here the output of the free -v command.

$ freej -v
[*] freej version 0.10 free the veejay
. 2001-2007 RASTASOFT :: freej.dyne.org

I will use a stable distro for this project, Debian is good but unstable
release does not fit well for stability ;).

DyneBolic sound great, I'll try this !

Tanks again,

Jean-lou