:: Re: [dyne:bolic] DyneBolic language
Top Pagina
Auteur: jaromil
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] DyneBolic language

re all,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 03:01:09PM -0500, S.. Gordon von Miller wrote:

> ls command works, but I have figured out how to execute a command
> that will load the program.

this doesn't really makes much sense. please help understand your
situation and intentions.

> I thought I knew something about Linux but I don't. Sudo not
> work. su does partly.

you are already root in dyne:bolic, no need for sudo or su.

> I thought it was my download copy, but the commercial disk arrived
> today, and it's the same old thing.

no old, no new :) it's completely same thing. there is no free and
commercial version for this system, there is only one and is 100% free
so you don't need to buy anything to get more features: just get the
CD and run away as fast as you can :)

> It boots and just hangs there. Not what I call friendly. No way to
> find out the proper command.

that's again very cryptical.

in case we'll stay in generic-land, for a comprehensive introduction
to gnu/linux commandline check out this roundup of manuals
http://www.linuxscrew.com/2007/10/11/7-must-read-linux-tutorials/
(again all free, as in knowledge)

ciao

- --
Jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org

GPG: 779F E8B5 47C7 3A89 4112 64D0 7B64 3184 [ B534 0B5E ]