:: Re: [dyne:bolic] must one nest with…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Guy
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] must one nest with a dock
Lukasz Jastrzebski wrote:

>Dock is to run without reading from CD all the time (CD is used only while starting)Nest is to keep changed settings, new files etc.They can exist separately, so you can have dock without the nest (to boot the same "default" system or/and add some modules) and nest without the dock (when you change hosting machines two times a day),
>or many docks/nests if you wish.
>
>Cheers,
>Luke
>
>2008/9/6 Guy <sayhi2guy@???>:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>I have been playing about tweaking the d:b wiki & noticed that nesting & docking were spoken of as totally separate. I thought that when you docked you still needed a nest to keep your settings & home directory. Is this correct?
>>
>>cheers
>>
>>Guy

Hi Lukasz

Thanks for the prompt reply. I think you have misunderstood my question
or I have stated it badly. I am running a docked d:b system booting
using grub. I have assumed that you *must* still have a nest to keep
your settings.

Some stuff on the wiki seems to imply this is not necessary. So I am
asking, on a docked system is it necessary to have a nest to keep your
settings?

I could do it the hard way & experiment but I was hoping for a simple
yes/no answer & not having to play around with a working system :0) It
would also then be a good idea to update the wiki entry about docking to
include the answer.

cheers

Guy