:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Arno's art review …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: jaromil
A: kmw, dynebolic mailinglist
Assumptes nous: [dyne:bolic] fixes and update for 2.5.2?
Assumpte: Re: [dyne:bolic] Arno's art review + 2.5.2 things that do not work

hi Kenneth,

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 07:53:11PM -0600, Kenneth Wyrick wrote:

> This is a very good blog post about dynebolic. I totally agree with
> Arold about using it. I have a problem trying to figure out how to
> get cinelerra to load and work. I would like to see patches for the
> few things in 2.5.2 that do not work straight from the cd
> i.e. loading cinelerra.
>
> I use to use it all the time but since cinelerra does not load i've
> stopped using it since that's one of the applications that I want to
> use.
>
> Now, I'm thinking that others know of little things that do not work
> in the 2.5.2 and i know that Jaromil is busy doing other things and
> this is not his primary product but it would to us all good to make
> sure the lastest dynebolic not have little things that do not work.

yours are wise words, i also have this little hitch for fixing the
very few things that aren't in shape in 2.5.2 and actually i realize
such an effort wouldn't take that much time. probably half of the work
is to list all those malfunctions, so i hereby propose everyone to
start writing a page on the wiki http://lab.dyne.org/DyneBolic252Fixes

where we can list the fixes and updated needed, excluding those that
need an architectural change (like the multi-user environment) since
they will be included in dyne:3.

i will then look for some time in september to make the fixes into the
core.

ciao

- --
Jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org

GPG: 779F E8B5 47C7 3A89 4112 64D0 7B64 3184 [ B534 0B5E ]