:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Compiling csound 5…
Author: Ricardo
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Compiling csound 5.08
Hi Jaromil,

    Yes, it would be a pleasure to share it with the community. However
I must point out that I'm not very experienced at compiling things nor
at using csound itself, just got the Csound Book from the Uni library
:-) So I listed all the steps I did, if someone sees a mistake or would
like to suggest something, I'll would be glad to hear your opinions. I
only got an error using the option 'buildCsound5GUI', so I simply didn't
compiled it within my module. This is the scons output:

In file included from frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGUI.hpp:23,
                 from frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGUIMain.cpp:20:
H/csound.hpp:793: warning: `visibility' attribute does not apply to types
frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGUIMain.cpp: In member function `void
CsoundGUIMain::closePerformanceSettingsWindow()':
frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGUIMain.cpp:932: error: 'class
CsoundPerformanceSettingsPanel' has no member named
'rtAudioOutputDeviceInput'
scons: *** [frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGUIMain.o] Error 1
zsh: 13122 exit 2     scons prefix=/opt/csound useDouble=1
buildCsoundAC=1 useOSC=1   buildVirtual=
In file included from frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGUI.hpp:23,
                 from frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGUIMain.cpp:20:
H/csound.hpp:793: warning: `visibility' attribute does not apply to types
frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGUIMain.cpp: In member function `void
CsoundGUIMain::closePerformanceSettingsWindow()':
frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGUIMain.cpp:932: error: 'class
CsoundPerformanceSettingsPanel' has no member named
'rtAudioOutputDeviceInput'
scons: *** [frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGUIMain.o] Error 1
zsh: 13122 exit 2     scons prefix=/opt/csound useDouble=1
buildCsoundAC=1 useOSC=1   buildVirtual=

Any ideas?

Ok, below are the steps I did (note that my module was compiled using
the option: useDouble=1 (means 64-bit floating point). I could also
build another one with 32-bit floating point, which seems to be better
for live work.

Steps:
1)compiled and installed (with '--prefix=/opt/csound') following
dependencies:
    -   fltk (with '--enable-shared' and '--enable-threads')
    -   boost (needed to rename the installed
/opt/csound/include/boost-1.35 directory to /opt/csound/include/boost
    -   swig
    -   portaudio
    -   portmidi (this one required manual copying from library and
header files

2)extracted the csound tarball and edited custom.py so that these
variables stayed as follows:

        customCPPPATH = ['/opt/csound/include', '/usr/include',
'/usr/local/include', '/usr/X11R6/include', '/opt/xorg/include',
'/opt/audio/include', '/opt/video/include']

        customLIBPATH = ['/opt/csound/lib', '/opt/audio/lib',
'/opt/xorg/lib', '/usr/lib', '/usr/local/lib', '/usr/X11R6/lib']

    also tweaked the fltk related line, but I think it isn't necessary.

3)compiled csound with these options:

    'scons prefix=/opt/csound useDouble=1 buildCsoundAC=1 useOSC=1
buildPythonOpcodes=1 buildStkOpcodes=1 buildVirtual=1 buildInterfaces=1
buildCSEditor=1 buildTclcsound=1 buildWinsound=1 buildJavaWrapper=1'

4)installed csound running:

    './install.py --prefix=/opt/csound'

  the installer suggested some default system variable settings. So I
added them to /opt/csound/etc/env :
    OPCODEDIR64=/opt/csound/lib/csound/plugins64
    CSSTRINGS=/opt/csound/share/csound/xmg
    RAWWAVE_PATH=/opt/csound/share/csound/rawwaves

5)installed csound vim tools
    -   extracted the downloaded tarball
(http://www.eumus.edu.uy/docentes/jure/csound/vim/) inside
/opt/csound/skel/.vim . Created /opt/csound/skel/.vimrc and added
following lines:

    au BufNewFile,BufRead *.orc,*.sco,*.csd   so
$HOME/.vim/syntax/csound.vim
    au BufNewFile,BufRead *.csd               so
$HOME/.vim/macros/csound_macros.vim
    au BufNewFile *.csd                       0r
$HOME/.vim/templates/template.csd
    au BufNewFile *.orc                       0r
$HOME/.vim/templates/template.orc

    -   changed /opt/csound/skel/.vim/syntax/csound.vim so that 'source
$VIMRUNTIME/syntax/csound_opcodes.vim' became 'source
$HOME/.vim/syntax/csound_opcodes.vim'

    That's it. What's the best way to upload my module? I also packaged
a lilypond module (just used it's installer and configured the vim
mode), if someone is interested, I could send it to. Oh yes, there is
something else. I'm not quite sure if all the opcodes I built with the
above scons options are GPL compatible. Does anyone knows something
about it?

          Ricardo