:: [dyne:bolic] change console font
Author: Lukasz Jastrzebski
Subject: [dyne:bolic] change console font
Hi all!

Since week or so I'm trying to force 2.5.2 to switch locale to Polish.
Switching XFCE was easy, but translation of interface of ROX-filer is
complete in about 30%. No problem, I've managed to switch localisation
(keyboard, encoding and so on) without switching interface's language.
I've managed also to fine tune XTerm to display letters with tails,
slashes, dots and so on. Default font didn't display the appropriate
letters (at least I was unable to force XTerm to do it), so, with help
of xfontsel, I switched to font named "clean" - works fine for me.

That was the easy part. I'm stuck trying to change console settings.

Is there any way to change console (the terminals, not the X, XFCE or
XTerm) font and encoding/localisation? Where are the configuration
files? (where comes it's structure from? is it similar to any distro?)
And what is the name of "clean" font in iso8859-2 encoding in this
configuration files? (This is bitmap font - but will it work in
console? Where are the other console fonts?)
Maybe there is some boot-time cheatcode to set consoles locale (I saw
one - works in 100% under Freesbie)?

Any clues?

Cheers,
Luke

---
XTerm told me to "Use the force, Luke" - believe it? But if... with
fists or head shot?