:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Concerning the (co…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: jaromil
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Cc: freej
Asunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] Concerning the (correct) use of Theora in FreeJ

hi Ivo,

first of all thanks for your updates!

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 02:42:49AM +0000, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is the correct list for FreeJ questions, right?

i'll cc: the freej list in my reply, please let's continue this thread
there.

unfortunately web archives are broken at the moment, but lists are
well alive!

> I'm Ivo from Xiph. I'm doing an internal survey to confirm if all
> Theora encoding programs out there are doing their job correctly,
> since there has been some drastic changes in 2007 and we have to
> make sure all programs follow the same path.

good, much needed indeed

> So, is FreeJ using:
> * libtheora 1 (beta right now), which has a complete new API?

freej is statically including theora-mmx or offering to be dynamically
compiled to system-wide theora libraries (so the issue is then
delivered to the distribution)

some questions from my side:

in case theora-mmx is obsoleted, would you suggest an update? is
theora-oil up-to-date with changes? is there a webpage we can monitor
with precise updates about these developments?

> * the .ogv file extension for all the output files?

nope, we didn't knew about this new convention. we use theora since
quite a while now, it was simply .ogg at the beginning, then .ogm,
then now .ogv - i really hope this is the final change! people (and
applications) can get easily confused.

> * a Skeleton bitstream for all output files?

please detail: how can i verify this is produced, in encoded files and
looking at the source? my current guess is: yes, we have that.

> Please confirm. If any of one of these points isn't being addressed
> and you would like to be spec compliant, please contact the Theora
> mailing list and we'll help you out.

in case you cannot reply to my questions, please feel free to forward
this mail to the theora mailinglist and we'll follow up there.

thanks again, ciao

- --
(_ http://jaromil.dyne.org _)