:: Re: [dyne:bolic] RASTASOFT operatin…
Author: Norman White
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] RASTASOFT operating system - dyne:III GNU/Linux
Hi Jaromil,

In reference to my gmail's inbox:

--- (from    jaromil <jaromil@???>
to    bryan@???,
date    Dec 10, 2007 1:05 AM
subject    Re: [dyne:bolic] RASTASOFT operating system - dyne:III GNU/Linux
mailing list    dynebolic.lists.dyne.org Filter messages from this mailing list
mailed-by    lists.dyne.org)

---You said: "also i hope that some developer of gnewsense likes to
get in touch on it and join us in brainstorming."

I've been using gnewsense to chroot into and gain access to
gnewsense-synaptic's nonproprietary universe repository.

I was 'dd-imaging' the gnewsense installed-system and placing the
image into a "dyne.nst"--deleting the gnewsense's kernel and cdrom
shortcut and stuff like that that dyne 'proc'esses would take over.

The chroot into gnewsense works so well with the Xfce integration.
However, I've been using gobuntu recently for 'chrooting' into only
because it seems that gnewsense's progress has frozen for quite some
time.

I've mostly worried that, when installing gnewsense and its automatic
updates, that some programs might depend on some kernel-update
versions that may exceed the working kernel-version that I'm using in
dyne.

I've considered the Idea of getting synaptic into dyne and, ideally,
having a script automatically takeover for 'dyneconfiguring' and
squashing the packages into modules.

Or alternatively, a 'gnewsense-module' can be dropped into the
modules-folder, and invoked to build a 'gnewsense chroot-system'--for
building itself; to the 'current' 'working-dyne-kernel'.

Jaromil, thanks to The Cosmos for you, and to you, thanks for Dyne!!!