:: Re: [dyne:bolic] d:b-development
Author: Jack Johnson
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] d:b-development
On Dec 10, 2007 7:08 PM, Matt Grice <mcjgrice@???> wrote:
> I think that whenever we propose changes (direction?) like this, we need
> to consider Jaromil's original vision for Dyne : Bolic, it's raison
> d'etre if you like. Does Dyne:bolic need to be small enough to fit on a
> credit card cd-rom like DSL to fulfill that?

I think sometimes yes. I *like* that it fits on a (moderately large)
USB key, not only for my convenience but because I know that it
probably raises fewer eyebrows for other folks in need of some of
those tools. Why I'd like to see it slimmed down is because I suspect
some of our more OSD users (oppressed/suppressed/depressed) probably
can't afford a 1GB USB key. Though blank CDs are plentiful and cheap,
I suspect they have more potential to raise suspicions in different
locales.

> I'm here because of the potential for DB to become a hacktivist's
> toolkit

I'm here because of the creative aspect of Jaromil's vision. There
are a lot of toolkits out there to tear it all down. It's nice to see
one about remaking it all.

-Jack