:: [dyne:bolic] Lack of 1.0 hindering …
Author: Guy
New-Topics: Re: [dyne:bolic] Lack of 1.0 hindering adoption (IGNORE PLEASE)
Subject: [dyne:bolic] Lack of 1.0 hindering adoption
Hi

I just want to put it to the muse developers that lack of a 1.0 release
is hindering adoption of muse. I was looking at ubuntu repositories &
it is still correctly listed as beta (in fact, when I last looked ubuntu
does not have even the 0.9 release). This isn't just about code but how
people *perceive* muse.

Isn't 0.9 as good as what many that put out as a production release?
There don't seem to be any show stopper bugs. Leaving it as 0.9 will
colour peoples perception of what is a very powerful, usable & stable
app. I know another branch is being developed, but surely that should
be the 2.0 branch?

Hope this will stimulate some discussion

Guy