:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Cinerella dont wor…
Author: jaromil
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Cinerella dont work :-(

hi Markus,

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 06:17:29AM +0100, Markus wrote:
> Hello, first, cause i am new in this list, and sorry form my bad
> english. I tried d:b for using cinerella. Starting, docking and
> nesting works fine, but cinerella hangs on starting the program. All
> four windows opend correct, but no menu works :-(.
>
> Is this an known bug?

i noticed that Cinelerra works the first time it is started, but if
you close and reopen it behaves as you describe here: interface
appears but doesn't reacts to interaction.

my guess is that this bug was introduced recently in the CVS version
of cinelerra, also fruity looked into it and his guess is actually
more precise... i just hope someone is going to fix it, try help
debugging on the cinelerra developer's list maybe?

anyway i recommend keeping an eye on other software as well, kdenlive
for instance does compile smoothly on dyne:II already (together with
the MLT framework) and i consider it a very good candidate for an
efficient and easy to use video editor.

also there is open movie editor which is worth a try, maybe they
can substitute cinelerra some time soon?

happy hacking and greetings from Kuala Lumpur :)

- --
(_ http://jaromil.dyne.org _)