:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Problems with wire…
Author: Ed Iglehart
To: tipiglen
CC: dynebolic mailinglist
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Problems with wireless drivers.
Further to the note below:

When using Dhoruba, when I type:
[d:b] / #iwconfig eth1

I get:

    /eth1    NOT READY! ESSID:off/any
    /

etc., etc., etc. It will accept essid linksys, but not a channel
assignment or
anything else. And when I type:
[d:b] / #ndiswrapper -l

I get:

    /installed drivers:
    prisma00    driver installed, hardware (1260:3886) present (alternate
    driver: prism54)
    [d:b] / #
    /

ON ubuntu on the same machine:

    /root@ubuntu:/.//home/ed# cd /
    root@ubuntu:/# ndiswrapper -l
    prisma00 : driver installed
            device (1260:3886) present (alternate driver: p54pci)
    root@ubuntu:/#
    /

Also, I can't get Dhoruba to make my keyboard give British (euro?)
keymapping. The key for
# is <shift>3; the key labelled # delivers \, @ gives ", and no sign of a
sterling or euro currency symbols. I've set keyboard=United Kingdom in
/lib/dyne/configure/Dyne/dyne.cfg but that seems to have had exactly no
effect.

Any ideas?
Salaams,
ed