:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Greetings and Matr…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Martin Ahnelöv
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Assumpte: Re: [dyne:bolic] Greetings and Matrox Marvel g450 etv
sön 2007-09-30 klockan 17:41 +0200 skrev catonano:
> Hello dynabolic-ers !
>
> first, let me express my gratitude for making up such a marvelous
> installation system: just copy a folder ! Great ! How comes no one
> else ever thouthg about this before ? This is unexplainable ! Well,
> thanks to you, who did.

Yah, it's great!

> Well, the subject is clear, I think. I have a machine with a Matrox
> Marvel g450 etv video card.
>
> I hit "lsmod" on the keyboard and I saw a modue called
> "matroxfb_g450" so I thoutgh it had to be the driver suitable for my card.
>
> I hit modprobe matroxfb_g450 and it seemed it was loaded.
>
> But then I launched XawTV and it didn't show up.
>
> Also I opened another video software (I don't remember wich one,
> sorry) and in a blue screen there was written "No /dev/video0 no such device"
>
> What's wrong ?

/dev/video0, /dev/video1, etc is your video-in devices; ie,
video-cameras and stuff. So, unless you are trying to connect your
computer and camera, you haven't run into any problem yet!

On a relating note, video in dynebolic is more or less broken (I haven't
gotten it to work, though). This is due to video in general is broken on
Linux. However, we are hoping on a fix ASAP.

Gasten