:: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic Goes Diabol…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Mike Webb
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic Goes Diabolical Again
A couple of months ago, I wrote in because the Software Menu and
Taskbar had disappeared. vlax@??? had a helpful solution
(issuing the command "xfce4-panel &" from an X-terminal) and the
problem went away.

Now I've not only got that problem (which Vlax's fix once again
resolved), but a bunch of others in the GUI that are driving me nuts.
My computer's just barely usable.

First, the minor glitch; the "Software Menu" logo no longer appears,
and when I right-click to pull up the menu, "Software Menu" is greyed
out.

Now the bigger ones. Open programs are not listed in the taskbar. Open
windows do not show the title bar, nor can they be stretched or moved.
They're stuck in the top left corner of the screen.

Alt-Tab (for switching between programs) does not work.

Right-clicking on an option pulls down the menu BEHIND the program (I
only know this because I have a fairly long right-click menu in
Firefox), making it generally inaccessible.

It seems like the only way I can close a program is to pull up Qps and kill it.

HELP!

Thanks,
Mike