:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Firewall?
Author: G_P
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Firewall?
jaromil wrote:
> hi Guy,
>

> the inclusion of support for .deb .tgz and .rpm was a core plan for
> dyne:II since the early days of its development: being a nomadic system
> it should be ready to make the best out of everything found on the way
> ;)
>
> if you can write instructions about your experiences, with some examples
> of commands as well, go ahead, you'll do a favour to all of us!

Hi Jaromil

I've started a page http://lab.dyne.org/DynebolicPackaging that I hope
can embrace all packaging. Packages are great when you just need
something for a moment - a bit like picking up a tool you need. The
fact they are lost on reboot means no bloat.

Just a thought: If implementing .deb & .rpm is a problem (I suspect the
dependency tracking is the big issue) why not have an installer script
that uses alien to convert them to .tgz & then installs them?

Best

Guy