:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Midisport
Top Pagina
Auteur: jaromil
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] Midisport

hi David,

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 07:56:25PM +0100, support@??? wrote:
> After a bit of playing around I realised that the firmware loader puts
> a file in /etc/udev/rules.d/. As long as this file is in the folder
> then I can plug and unplug the interface no problems, it is detected
> and runs fine. But after rebooting I have to run the whole make
> install procedure again to restore the file which gets deleted. I
> presume this is an issue connected to the udev folder not being stored
> in the nest? (but I'm still learning, so please do tell if I'm
> wrong!).

your guess is right.

/etc/udev/rules.d points to /lib/dyne/udev which is stored in the
initrd.gz ramdisk.

to permanently add an udev rule to the system you should modify initrd
manually, it is not that difficult when using the dynesdk command also
documented on dev.dynebolic.org

a simplier fix would be to create a file /etc/rc.local in your nest
(executed at every startup) that copies in place the files at every
boot.

hope that helps,
ciao!

- --