:: [dyne:bolic] Midisport
Top Pagina
Auteur: support
Aan: dynebolic
Onderwerp: [dyne:bolic] Midisport
Hi all,
I have been lurking for a while and playing with dyne/pure:dyne. I must
say that I am very impressed with the O/S and I am eager to get further
away from M$ babylon :) Currently I have pure:dyne installed, but the
problem seemed the same with dyne 2.4.2 as well.

My question concerns getting my USB midi interface, a Midisport 2x2,
working at boot up. I will detail the process I have followed so for so
that you know how I got to this stage!

I have downloaded the firmware from here:

http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/

and done the usual /.configure, make, make install.

I got stuck because the usbfs wasnt being mounted. But I found a support
ticket at p:d's wiki which said to mount /proc/bus/usb. Once I did this
then everything went well, the firmware is loaded and then the interface
is seen by all of my MIDI applications.

The problem comes when I reboot the computer, the interface is not loaded
again. The symptoms are the same whether the interface is connected at
boot or when plugging it in after dyne has booted.

After a bit of playing around I realised that the firmware loader puts a
file in /etc/udev/rules.d/. As long as this file is in the folder then I
can plug and unplug the interface no problems, it is detected and runs
fine. But after rebooting I have to run the whole make install procedure
again to restore the file which gets deleted. I presume this is an issue
connected to the udev folder not being stored in the nest? (but I'm still
learning, so please do tell if I'm wrong!).

Does anyone have an idea of how I could set this up better?

TIA for any help, and for providing such an excellent system to play with

David Moss