:: [dyne:bolic] Changing user configur…
Author: Manoj Keswani
To: dynebolic
Subject: [dyne:bolic] Changing user configuration
Hello,

I am new to dynebolic and am having trouble setting up users and modifying
their configuration. I have set up the system to boot off the hard-disk
using grub (latest dyne:bolic 2.4.2.). This works fine and initial login is
as root. In this account I can change sound preferences, desktop etc and
most settings (except xvidtune) are saved to the nest on logout.

When I use the Add User function in the Configuration menu to set up a new
user, I encounter the following problems:

1. If I try and assign the group 'users' to the new user, the account is not
created. I can only create an account if I leave this blank which ends up
producing a new user group the same as the username.

2. On logging in to the account, when I try and configure the environment
(eg configure ALSA), I am asked for the root password. I provide this and I
get a "Password Incorrect" error. I am unable to configure ALSA. Try this
for the Printer and I get "Error connecting to http://localhost:631/
connection refused". I am therefore unable to configure the user account or
check settings at all.

I would appreciate if anyone could advise how to get around this. I have
searched the archives but could not find an answer.

Manoj

Advertisement: Its simple! Sell your car for just $30 at carsales.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801577%2Fpi%5F1005244%2Fai%5F838588&_t=762955845&_r=tig_may07&_m=EXT