:: Re: [dyne:bolic] nvidia issues
Author: Benito IFSI
To: dynebolic
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] nvidia issues
Hi ryan

There's more nvidia owners these time :D

>From: ryan <rolabear@???>
>To: dynebolic@???
>Subject: [dyne:bolic] nvidia issues
>Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:37:19 +0000
>
>Hi,
>
>I'm hoping someone with more knowledge may be able to assist me on this.
>I've been trying to build a dynebolic module with the the proprietary
>nvidia
>drivers + kernel module

you could try this nvidia-installer module
http://psykoben.dyndns.org/dyne/modules/nvidia/nvidia.dyne

and yes it need the kernel-src module
ftp://ftp.dyne.org/dynebolic/modules/kernel-src.dyne

work for me on dyne-2.4.2 (and i hope in later versions )

it compile and install the driver at boot time and could autoconfig
xorg.conf

>If anyone could give some advice or have any ideas about this or know of a
>easier way, that would be very appreciated.

I think external module is a better way

-don't need to remaster the disk at new versions
-easy to remove
-easy to tweak

Gagnez des écrans plats avec Live.com http://www.image-addict.fr/