:: Re: [dyne:bolic] pure:dyne aka Evil…
Author: Eric Tucker
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] pure:dyne aka Evil OS - its no use to me
Hi Josh,

I'm not trying to be lazy or a few other likenesses of that word. But I've heard what you've said over and over again for as long as Ive been using slackware. I call this satelite micro management, I made that up by the way. I am probably correct in assuming you are a programmer maybe not? I am not and I don't intend to ever be and I certainly don't wont to be forced into being one either in order to benifit from an application or operating system. That statement I have heard also over and over again. My point is there has to be a better conceptual development process that is going to move these projects forward that incorporate a balance of programmer types and non programmer type alike, as a group effort. Not this your on your own the car is built but some of the bolts arn't fastened but you can fix that yourself as your wheeling down that steep hill. For you programmer types great do it yourself and take pride in it for the rest of you tuff sh__ go back to windows
right!! how defeative can you get if you think this way. If you do then rest assured Billy Boy has no worries at all nor does the next great operating system that might be right around the corner. All aspects have to be considered for all types of users, group wide effort is the only way to achieve this including artists , non programmer testers and so on. Linux is becoming ever so ready to fight the heavy weights now, so its time to think outside of the box for a change. It's kinda like when you have thought of everything logically and thought you had everything covered and then this little gut feeling says make it just a little bigger looking etc for no real logical reason and it becomes a hit because for some reason unknown to you it resembled something to others in a subconscience way. This is what I call the entrepanueral mechanism. I attribute other great successes out there for pushing and encouraging these kind of thinking processes. If you look at the most
successfull companies out there the top 10 of them always encourage this kind of creative group and self empowerment.

Eric

Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@???> wrote: On 3/24/07, Eric Tucker wrote:
> will say this though the rest of the people involved here do need to step up and voice their opinions on such matters even though they may seem trivial at first. Just getting involved in the process will move things forward generally speaking. Also just food for thought, I'm a guitar player, not a good one I just like to play. and I also think that there are lots of vertical application niches that these Distros could cater to to help with there marketing efforts. Example lets say there are 100 plus music distros out there but I come along and release a dyn that is a shell that contains Jack /Alsa but I also distribute on the same cd a sh__ load of modules that serve as the topping to the ice cream. We now have a new WOW factor for getting this Distro. You like chocolate chips on top of yours and I like raspberry's and chocolate chips. But to make it even nicer is that not only do I have all the ingredients to make my ice cream but I now have all of these cool ways to
> make it and dress it a bunch of different recipes to go with it as well. Such as what is called handy resources IE Tabs, MIDI recipes, instructional lessons, setup examples, recording examples you get the drift. All this would be part of a user group contrib effort. The million dollar question would be how to orchestrate such an effort?

dyne can already do everything that everone here has asked for. they
must simply follow the directions and compile their favorite software.
I do it, and only come to the list when I have specific issues with
compiling, and jaromil has been quick to help.

I'm seeing multiple posts that contsist of nothing but whining. If
you want something done, then do it! The instructions are out there,
and it's not that hard! Of better yet, but a bounty on the task you
want done and have someone do it. Easy as pie. Do the work, and THEN
bitch to the list if things go wrong.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com