:: Re: [dyne:bolic] dans dyne wish lis…
Author: Dan MacDonald
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] dans dyne wish list
Hi Jaromil!

Good to finally get a response - I was getting worried
something might've happened to you :)

> as a general way to go, since we arrived to version
> 2.4.2, please
> consider i won't keep on updating the software in
> the distribution,
> since everything needed for it is available to
> everyone,

Oh dear!

Am I reading this correctly in that you're basically
saying that 2.4.2 is the last release of dyne and all
we're going to see now is updates in the form of
modules? I seriously hope not! Please, AT LEAST
replace xawtv with xdtv and update rosegarden to the
latest version and then I can seriously recommend dyne
to people. At the moment I'm using JACKLAB and I think
this is currently the best Linux multimedia distro
available. However, they too are currently missing
xdtv from their install DVD but I managed to find a
xdtv rpm for suse 10.2 and they say it'll be in the
next release so that is no major issue. As most of you
will know, video apps are NO FUN to compile and hence
present a big barrier to Linux noobs if they can't
quickly and easily install xdtv, cinelerra, mencoder,
ffmpeg, devede etc.

> so please don't address your feature requests to me
> directly, but to the
> community. i will give visibility to all our efforts
> on the
> dynebolic.org pages, i suggest anyway we keep this
> as much independent
> as possible.

Is there a wish/TODO list/wiki for Dyne:bolic
anywhere? If there is then somebody (me) needs to add
all those apps I mentioned.

I hope this isn't the end of dyne CD updates!

dan

It's here! Your new message!