:: [dyne:bolic] Docking on non-primary…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Aalim Lakhani
Aan: dynebolic
Onderwerp: [dyne:bolic] Docking on non-primary drive
Hi all, I'm a Linux noob and this is my first post, so please be nice.

I tried the 2.4 release and it looks great. I have the following system
set-up and was wondering if I could get some help docking.

- primary SATA drive with Windows 2000 (NTFS)
- secondary IDE drive formatted FAT 32

I copied the dyne folder to the secondary drive and hoped it would dock, but
the CD didn't pop out, so it looks like my dock failed.

Do I need to dock on my primary drive? If so, is there a problem with it
being NTFS, I was worried about trying this and trashing my Windows
installation.

The main reason I am asking is that I would like to do video editing and I'm
assuming that if I dock, it would free up more RAM, but like I said, I'm a
noob and really don't know if this is true.

Thanks for the help.

Buy what you want when you want it on Sympatico / MSN Shopping
http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/content/shp/?ctId=2,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=081805