:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Docking on non-pri…
Top Pagina
Auteur: jaromil
Aan: dynebolic mailinglist
Onderwerp: Re: [dyne:bolic] Docking on non-primary drive

hi,

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 01:25:52PM -0600, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> On 2/23/07, Aalim Lakhani <aalim_lakhani@???> wrote:
> > I copied the dyne folder to the secondary drive and hoped it would dock, but
> > the CD didn't pop out, so it looks like my dock failed.
>
> For whatever reason, I'm having this problem too.

the reason is a bug left in /lib/dyne/utils.sh scripts, which prevents
the startup of dyne:bolic to mount a harddisk dock when booting from CD.

it means that 2.4 doesn't work when booting from CD with a dock on HD

there will be a 2.4.1 bugfix release very soon.

> Luckily, I have grub installed and I am able to boot from there.

yes, meanwhile this is the solution: have a linux-compatible bootloader
installed, or add linux boot to the windlows bootloader.

ciao

- --
(_ jaromil _)(_ http://korova.dyne.org _)