:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Free telecomunicat…
Author: stomfisite
New-Topics: [dyne:bolic] Proper use & nesting on USB with unionfs ..
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Free telecomunications / wifi bbs / whatever you wouldlike to call it
Ashton Snelgrove wrote:

> As for Power over Ethernet... I'm not sure what you are talking about,
> and I'm pretty big into this sort of thing. Power over ethernet
> generally refers to using one pair of the 8 wires in Cat5 to pass along
> the voltage for the device to run, say 5 volts, not anything to do with
> the actually network.

Its the exterior devices that run on POE, so one can maximise the
antennae coverage.

Finally dug out my old Metrix Mark 1 kit and some POE research for you.

The kit = http://metrix.net/metrix/products/packages

Uses pebble but could modify Dyne to suit.

What is Power Over Ethernet?
http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/what_is_poe.php

A good book: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/wirelesscommnet2/

And a community using Metrix hardware