:: Re: [dyne:bolic] CPU choking while …
Author: flavius.38977219
To: dynebolic
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] CPU choking while playing a softsynth from rosegarden on 2.3
Hi,

> Hi...assuming you are loading a soundfont, if its a big one, try

> a small one.

Indeed, I'm loading a soundfont, but wasn't aware of any
CPU related issues in that field. I would expect a large soundfont to take
lots of memory, but the memory isn't overloaded, only the CPU.

> Also,

assuming you are playing from a midi keyboard

I'm actually trying to have
good quality+performance GM sound for orchestral MIDI compositions and rosegardenn
has great editing facilities + a notation editor, which is why I've been trying
to work with it.

> ...seq24 can be used,

Actually thought about looking
into it. Isn't it oriented towards live performance MIDI mashups though?

> and googling keywords
> seq24 tutorial dave philips ubuntu jackd qjackctl

thanks for that, I'll look into it.

> While you're at it, zynaddsubfx

is one of the finest softsynths

Does it have a GM patch?

> If you

get DSSI installed, whysynth (not -wysynth- ) and Hexter offer
> huge sonic

possibilities,

It all looks very promising, thanks. I'll probably use all
this stuff for electronic music production. At the moment, I'm looking for
a good solution for GM - a good note-based editor, like rosegarden's and a
good quality+stable sound module for at least the orchestral sounds. Do you
have a suggestion for a different set of tools for that specific purpose,
or maybe a way to "help" rosegarden and qsynth/fluidsynth perform better?

Kind regards,
VirtualFlavius