:: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne:bolic 2.3 DHO…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Chris Greenman
À: Danconklin, dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne:bolic 2.3 DHORUBA SOLID STATE
Just to add to this. One issue I found with trying to
run Dyne on my company laptop (IBM Thinkpad T41) was
that the driver exists but the Wifi card (Intel Pro
Wireless 2100) requires a firmware load and I think
the firmware is proprietary. As such it is illegal to
include it in the distro for licensing reasons. What
I do is keep the firmware on the same USB drive as my
nest and just "modprobe -r" the driver module, copy
the firmware to it's correct location then "modprobe"
the driver again. After that, the card shows up in
the "Wireless" configuration tool where I can tell it
my SSDI/WEP key.