:: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne:bolic 2.3 DHO…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Dan Conklin
À: dynebolic
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne:bolic 2.3 DHORUBA SOLID STATE
I forgot to mention that you can buy Atheros mini PCI radio cards and replace the Broadcom ones in your laptop.Madwifi for Atheros just works very well.Dan ConklinHelp fight software piracy...use Linux!Need to know something about shooting and editing video? Ask us!--- On Thu 12/07, Josh Lawrence < hardbop200@??? > wrote:
From: Josh Lawrence [mailto: hardbop200@???]To: dynebolic@???: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:45:38 -0600Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne:bolic 2.3 DHORUBA SOLID STATEOn 12/7/06, tommy mcdurmon wrote:> This is interesting but my problem with Dyne and every other Linux OS is> unless you are a Linux expert it is next to impossible to connect> wireless to the internet. I still run a dual boot to allow me to> connect. With all the Linux talent around, why can't this be done?> tomTom,I'm not sure what hardware you're using, so all of my comments are alittle bit of a guess.For the most part, you can blame hardware manufacturers for notreleasing the specs to their hardware for open source developers tocreate appropriate drivers for your devices. Many times, thishardware is Windows only for that very reason. Remember that, withclosed hardware, developers are having to reverse-engineer thehardware and drivers, a monumental task for any programmer. My adviceto you
is to look for cards that are specifically supported in Linux,and purchase those. That way you increase your chances of yourhardware working tenfold.Same thing goes with soundcards. Buy stuff supported by Linux, andthese problems will, for the most part, go away.-- Josh Lawrencehttp://www.hardbop200.com_______________________________________________dynebolic mailing listdynebolic@???http://mailinglists.dyne.org/mailman/listinfo/dynebolic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com