:: Re: [dyne:bolic] (no subject)
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: zonger
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dynebolic mailinglist
Aihe: Re: [dyne:bolic] (no subject)
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:53:32 -0500, jan oker <janoker@???> wrote:

> I just tried Dynebolic 2.2 succesfully on several computers, but on my
> own
> laptop it freezes while loading the shpchp module.
> I tried modules_deny in the dyne.cfg file and the shpchp gets skipped,
> but it
> still freezes.
> I would really appeciate some help cause on the other computers it looks
> and
> feels awesome, so i can't wait to start working with it myself.

Hi...I find linux backwards, in the sense that it is often wisest
to buy hardware that works, and sell hardware that doesn't. There
are many laptops that run fine out of the box, and if in your shoes,
I would switch now, and start the fun...also get some of the older
Dyne versions if possible, to further test your hardware, and also
other live distros, kanotix, mepis, knoppix, elive, musix etc etc