:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Non-CD installatio…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Carsten Agger
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] Non-CD installation?
Thanks a lot to both suggestions - actually, it was very much easier:
> the UK mirror service offers direct access to the contents of the iso
> file:
> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/www.dynebolic.org/dyne-2.2.iso%5Bpeek%5D
>
> or you can copy the dyne directory over the network from a dyne:bolic
> that is already running: by default the dock directory is shared exactly
> for this purpose, using the boot option 'daemons=samba', you'll see a
> windows-compatible share called 'dyne.dock' available from the ip of
> each running dyne:bolic

As it happened, all I had to do was to mount the iso on a local directory,
copy dyne/ in that directory to /dyne and then modify the grub configuration
file, inserting the lines from the grub.conf in the /dyne directory. Works
like a charm, I can boot into dyne:bolic and apart from the new /dyne directory
my existing Linux installation is completely untouched. Conclusion: If you have
a working Linux installation and Grub installed already, there's no need at
all to burn CDs to install dyne:bolic. Nice!

--
http://www.modspil.dk
- fordi tiden kræver et MODSPIL!