:: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne 2.1 nest caus…
Author: flavius.38977219
To: dynebolic
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne 2.1 nest causes X loading problem
Thanks, that's been educational.

Although I'd rather know which file exactly
is causing the problem, remove it from the old nest, restart and load it.
Any assumptions about which file that may be?

Cheers,
VirtualFlavius
The HydroBeats Project
http://assembla.com/wiki/show/hydrobeats

--- dynebolic
mailinglist <dynebolic@??? wrote:
On 18 Oct 2006 22:51:03 -0000,
flavius.38977219@??? >
> > How would I recover the user settings

and files from
> > the 2.1 nest into a new nest that doesn't cause this problem?

> start the 2.2 dyne without the 2.1 nest
> than create a "clear" nest

for the 2.2
> mount the 2.1 nest in a loop device (*)
> copy everythink

you need from the 2.1 nest to the 2.2 nest.
> I've done this way for my files

and my Gaim stuff.

> (*) if you do not know how to mount the previus

nest it's a easy task.
> from the prompt shell / xterm create a mount point:

> mkdir /mnt/temp
> than mount the previus nest on that mountpoint
> mount

/mnt/hd1/1/dyne/dyne.nst /mnt/temp -o loop
> now search into /mnt/temp !!!!!

> of course /mnt/hd1/1/dyne/dyne.nst dependes on where the 2.1 nest is

now!