:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Rosegarden.dyne
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: stomfisite
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] Rosegarden.dyne

andrea bertolasi wrote:
>>> Someone will have to document the naming strategy on the dyne pages.
>> i will do on dev.dynebolic.org pages, but first wait for more comments
>> on this in case there are.
>
> IMHO the best solution for the apocrypha modules is:
> creator-appname-version.dyne
>
> for example:
> stomfi-ecasound-2.3.3.dyne

I think the idea is that if it is a "one shot" module then it
shouldn't need a creator name, but the version number tells users
which version of the application it was compiled with. i.e I
compiled ecasound with the ecasound-2.3.3 version sources.

> of course for the collection modules there is no need of the version,
> exept the modules version. for example
> stomfi-games-1.0.0.dyne
> stomfi-games-2.0.0.dyne

With these modules that contain several sources, version numbers are
somewhat meaningless (to me at least).

The important information should be first and the creator's name
second.

This will become important for users as the list grows to more than
one page. They can always sort on the creator name if they like
their stuff, but I think the function of the module is the criteria
users will be looking for first. As Jaromil's convention suggested:

modulefunction-creator.dyne for "multishot" modules and

appname-version.dyne for "one shot" modules.

if someone else creates a better "one shot" module based on the the
same sources ( I say this as I'm an inveterate hacker and rarely
bother to optimise) then hopefully some process will take the older
module off the list.

Stomfi