:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Video advice/help?
Pàgina inicial
Autor: ramkumar.m.v
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Assumpte: Re: [dyne:bolic] Video advice/help?
Hi Patti,

Are you using Dyne 1 or Dyne 2 release candidate?

Here's my observation on Dyne 2 release candidate:

Pressing f3 key before booting does show options for
setting the resolution in a matrix format, and 800x600
16 bit is the default.

On the boot prompt,type linux vga=XXX, where XXX is
the number corrsponding to the resolution you want and
the bit (18,15,16 or 24) rate you want.

For 1280x1024, 8bit number is 775
15 bit number is 793
16 bit number is 794
24 bit number is 795

I tried setting mine to 1024x768 16 bit as linux
vga=791 and it booted perfectly.

Regards
Ram