:: Re: [dyne:bolic] DyneBolic 2 RC -- …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Ilya Novojilov
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Assumpte: Re: [dyne:bolic] DyneBolic 2 RC -- writing to HD while running Live CD
2006/5/10, ramkumar.m.v <rkgemini@???>:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to write to HD while I'm running the
> live cd. For example I want to edit some video files
> on HD and save it back to HD? Can I do that?If yes,how
> can I do that?
>
> If no, what are the alternatives?

i'ii try to answer:-
1. "Nesting" may help you (it is like creating a copy of your HOME directory
on the harddisk ( FAT32 partitions ONLY) or on the USB storage device ).
after that you may take the NEST file (this is one file only!) to any other
computer and run Dyne:bolic in your favorite enviroment.
2. you can, of course, save your date on a hard disk (/vol/hd[1-1000]) FAT32
only (again)

HTH

--
Novojilov Ilya (AKA copyhold)