:: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne:II debugging
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: stomfisite
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: bolic
Αντικείμενο: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne:II debugging
Hi Jaromil

I'm running Dyne2-rc on an AMD 64 3500+ nforce5 Gigabyte motherboard
with PCI Express video. I haven't found a Linux system yet that can
handle this config using either the nv or the nvidia driver or even
an ATI one, so I set the driver to vesa and it works OK, otherwise
it randomly freezes. Windows (yuk) works OK. I've tried installing
the nforce Linux motherboard drivers, but that's NBG as well.
Otherwise its great especially with 1.5GB of RAM. It does about 4700
bogomips. It will do until the PS3 comes out in November. If I can
get Linux going on that, I'll send you the board for the cost of the
postage if you want it for testing or whatever.

Have been having fun putting Dyne2 through the wringer. I'll let you
know all my findings, but just to keep you busy, killing the window
manager from the menu puts one in a console state where the root
password doesn't work, but you can log in as luther with no
password. Ho Hum.
Had some early fun with a new nest (the old beta5 one didna work at
all as its got the wrong etc files) as it got the default menu from
/usr/share/Windowmaker which has no system exit feature. Soon as I
used the config script to modify the menu and rebooted, it went back
to your great scripted one.
Oh one last minor thing the xsetkbmap thingy at the end of wmaker.sh
complains about too many args.
I know this is the wrong place for these issues but I was writing so
I went with the brain flow ....

Otherwise its really awesome.

Stomfi