:: [devuan-dev] bug#848: bug#848: Odp:…
Author: Lorenzo
To: 848
CC: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#848: bug#848: Odp: bug#848: Pd: Problems starting kea-dhcp4-server
Hi,

On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 07:28:13 +0100
Mark Hindley <mark@???> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 10:53:07PM +0200, Jerzy Sobczyk wrote:
> > I will try. But all this problems result from the fact that kea
> > depends on systemd. So Debian maintainers can "solve" the problem
> > by explicitly stating this dependency. ...if you want kea you must
> > use systemd.

It doesn't strictly require systemd but the systemd service uses a few
directives to create /var/log/kea, /var/lib/kea, /var/run/kea

ConfigurationDirectory=kea         ---> /etc/kea
RuntimeDirectory=kea lock/kea      ---> /run/kea   /run/lock/kea
RuntimeDirectoryPreserve=yes
LogsDirectory=kea                  ---> /var/log/kea (mode=0750)
LogsDirectoryMode=0750
StateDirectory=kea                 ---> /var/lib/kea

see
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/latest/systemd.exec.html

they need to be created inside the initscript with install or
mkdir+chown, and they need to be removed in postrm script at purge.

Not sure about the apparmor profile.

Lorenzo