:: [devuan-dev] bug#848: Odp: bug#848:…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Jerzy Sobczyk
CC: 848
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#848: Odp: bug#848: Pd: Problems starting kea-dhcp4-server
On Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 10:53:07PM +0200, Jerzy Sobczyk wrote:
> I will try. But all this problems result from the fact that kea depends on
> systemd. So Debian maintainers can "solve" the problem by explicitly stating
> this dependency. ...if you want kea you must use systemd.

Then why does the package contain an initscript?

I would have thought the initscript needs fixing. If you can write a patch and
include that in your Debian bug report, you are much more likely to have
success.

If kea really requires systemd, that dependency needs to be stated, and the
package will disappear from Devuan.

HTH.

Mark