:: Re: [DNG] Ada strings
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Didier Kryn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Ada strings
Le 07/10/2024 à 05:53, Steve Litt a écrit :
> Kevin Chadwick via Dng said on Mon, 7 Oct 2024 01:44:06 +0100
> (GMT+01:00)
>
>> 7 Oct 2024 00:49:50 Steve Litt <slitt@???>:
>> Bounded is arguably pointless as you can do the same with a String
>> declared as a package global.
> How do I declare a String as a package global? Can I declare a package
> in the same file as my main program is in?

    I don't know what is a "package global", but when I develop a
program bigger than the gadget I used as example, the 1st thing I do is
to write at least one package, or typically a tree of packages for the
application. I use to write applications bottom-up.

    Ada comes with two trees of packages, the root of which are Ada and
System. You need to add your own to put your own type declarations and
subprograms. You can also use ready-made third-party packages; for
example, there are GtkAda and Gnat Spitbol. The last implements the
SNOBOL4 string manipulation; I remember it was real fun.

--     Didier