:: [DNG] Ada strings
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Steve Litt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: [DNG] Ada strings
Hi all,

I've studied Ada the past couple days, and I gotta tell you, Ada
strings are very murky. From what I've learned, Ada has three kinds of
strings:

Fixed strings
Bounded strings
Unbounded strings

Fixed strings are pretty simple but you can't reassign a different
string to a fixed string unless the new string has identical length.

Unbounded strings require lots of conversions to use, and they're
pretty hairy.

My investigation of bounded strings tells me that every single guidance
and example of bounded strings on the Internet is wrong.

So far I've found dealing with strings in Ada to be nasty.

I'm using gnatmake 13.2.0 . I have no idea if it's Ada 2005, 2012, or
2022. I'm guessing that different versions break things from other
versions.

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://444domains.com