:: Re: [DNG] Learning C (books)
Página Inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Learning C (books)
Le 05/10/2024 à 08:51, Steve Litt a écrit :
> Hi Didier,
>
> Would you be able to give a presentation of Ada at the December 2024
> online GoLUG meeting? It's 7PM Eastern Time (probably standard time by
> then) on the first Wednesday in December. We're on a run of having a
> lot of interesting presentations.

    Hi Steve,

    While I'm relatively comfortable with reading/writing English, I'm
not so when it comes to understand what people say orally. I used to
participate to many meetings in English during my career, but it was
with physically present attendees and exercised to speak to people of
other mother tongues. Only during the last few years I gained some
familiarity with Skype, but none with other similar media. Anyway I
think I'm even missing the headset.

    But the main objection I have to make, and I'm sorry of it, is that
I didn't read or write a single line of Ada for nearly 10 years, after
less than 10 years practice. I'd be currently unable to write a basic
program. I have 44 years of practice in the C language and maybe 8 in
Ada; and even in C, I often need to search the web.

    When I have finished the special web server I'm currently
developping in C, which has grown bigger than I expected, my intention
is to re-learn Ada while re-writing the application in this language. I
bet it'll take me a few weeks to find again my way -- I enjoy it by
advance. Then I might be able to teach basics of Ada, But not now, sorry
again.

    I hope someone else in this forum might do it.

--     Didier