:: Re: [DNG] Learning C (books)
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Learning C (books)
Didier Kryn said on Sun, 29 Sep 2024 19:05:30 +0200

>     I beg to disagree about the Algol family. Pascal seems now
>outdated, but Ada is in use everywhere human life is at stake. It is
>not a horror of complexity. It is verbose, particularly when compared
>to C, but much easier to read. Except for fast prototyping, a line of
>program is written once and read many times; therefore reading matters
>more. Ada can do simple things simply and, obviously, complicated
>things in a more complicated way. You don't need to know about "tagged
>records" (objects) to write Ada programs. C++ forces you to OOP, Ada
>offers several solutions in most cases; you don't need objects to
>write generic subprograms. Everything is easier in Ada than in C++.

Hi Didier,

Would you be able to give a presentation of Ada at the December 2024
online GoLUG meeting? It's 7PM Eastern Time (probably standard time by
then) on the first Wednesday in December. We're on a run of having a
lot of interesting presentations.

Also wanted: Somebody to give a presentation on Rust.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://444domains.com