:: Re: [DNG] Questions re: nut (ups mo…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: o1bigtenor
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Questions re: nut (ups monitoring)
On Fri, Oct 4, 2024 at 1:21 AM terryc <terryc@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Oct 2024 20:00:28 -0500
> o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>

> > Hmmmmmmm - - - don't think there is anything in that location.
> >
> > > What does "apt-cache policy nut" say?
> > >
> > # apt-cache policy nut
> > N: Unable to locate package nut
> >
> > (Which is why I called it weirdness!)
>
> Some weirdness from the past, what is the order of the
> sub-repositories in your /etc/apt/sources.list.
>

> Mine is distro-version main contrib non-free nopn-free-firmware
>
> Long time past I noticed the different order of these gave different
> results.
>
> Sorry about transcript, but copy&paste have disappeared from xterm.

(Here I need to use shift copy or shift paste touse w xterm. Highlighting
and then clicking in the second spot also works,)

And with this information I found what was wrong - - - - somehow I only had
devuan-security devuan-updates and devuan-backports set up.
For some reason (I usually include notes in my files but none for this change)
I had hashed out the vanilla devuan lines - - - argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I changed things back, also added the non-free-firmware - - - that change
is newish iirc, then apt install nut . . .    worked as it was supposed to.

Thanking y'all for your assistance in tracking down my self imposed problem.

Regards