著者: Didier Kryn
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Uptime issue, alternatives to gmail
Le 30/09/2024 à 13:46, o1bigtenor via Dng a écrit :

> On Sun, Sep 29, 2024 at 6:43 PM terryc <terryc@???> wrote:
>
>     On Sun, 29 Sep 2024 23:52:34 +1000
>     nick <nick@???> wrote:
>
>     ...snip........
>
>     > As regards getting off gmail (is that mz googly?
>
>     Tutamail and Proton will each give you one free email address.
>
> The difficulty is not in getting another provider, yes I already have
> protonmail
> addresses, but its in the changing over all the connections. The
> 'moving house'
> in the electornic world is much more challenging than doing so
> pyhsically - - -
> there I just pay the post office a fee and for a year my mail is
> forwarded.
> I want more time than that and there is no real easy way to do the
> changeup
> - - - at least not as far as I know.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.

    Hi.

    I don't know where you live, but in France and I guess in the EU in
general, ISPs provide several mail addresses (typically 5) per contract
as part of the service. When you stop your contract, they are even
legally forced to continue this mail service for at least 6 months.

    Maybe you can find an ISP which provides this kind of service. This
is a service you obviously pay for; therefore they don't need to spy on
you to run their buzyness.

--     Didier