:: Re: [DNG] Learning C
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Learning C
tito via Dng said on Tue, 24 Sep 2024 14:11:08 +0200

>Hi,
>I would recommend:
>
>The C Programming Language (sometimes termed K&R, after its authors'
>initials) is a computer programming book written by Brian Kernighan
>and Dennis Ritchie

No no no no NO! The preceding book is the ultimate reference, but it's
horrible to learn from. I know: I tried for a year to learn from K&R
version 1, and couldn't. Then I got something called "The C Puzzle
Book", and learned. But these days, with the web, I don't think a book
is necessary except for telling you best practices, but initial
learning is best done without worrying about best practices.

Speaking of best practices, IIRC the K&R code examples are terse and
cute but horribly unreadable.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://444domains.com