:: Re: [DNG] Replacing CUPS with lprng…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: sawbona
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Daniel Abrecht via Dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Replacing CUPS with lprng?
Hello:

On 27 Sep 2024 at 19:11, Daniel Abrecht via Dng wrote:

> ... the CUPS thing is, the command is only executed if someone
> actually prints something ...

Yes, that is also what I understood.

> ... machines nobody actually does print anything on ...

I have CUPS installed, no [cups-browsed] and print every so often but
only locally.

ie: USB to my box, WiFi printing disabled.

> ... difficult to fix, as all parts work as designed ...
> ... regular bugs are going to be fixed soon enough.

I'm sure of it.

> ... removed cups-browsed.
> ... printer / printserver is still auto detected through
> avahi-daemon ...

That's another one of those packages I do not have any sympathy for.

Best,

A.