Προς: dng
Παλιά Θέματα: Re: [DNG] Critical CVE?
Αντικείμενο: [DNG] HW Re: Critical CVE?
On Thu, 26 Sep 2024 11:56:20 -0600
the pterodactyl <iam@???> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2024 at 10:52:38AM -0600, the pterodactyl wrote:
> > What I'd *really* like to see is a full-tower "PC" box based on
> > RISC-64.
>
> "RISC-V/64" was my intent.

Why full tower? They are hard to find and $$$.

If USB V3.x is fast enough (~6Gb/s), there are many external enclosures
about for HDD. Up to 8 bay is available. Each drive appears as an
individual drive, so have the same use freedom.

I've just finished building my second one (8x8Tb Raid 5) for file
storage. If nothing else,it splits the weight in the box if you have to
move it.It also means that I have better choice in 'the head'. so if a
Risc-V/64 boxen was to become affordable,it would be far easier to swap
in.