:: Re: [DNG] Critical CVE?
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: ael
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Critical CVE?
On Thu, Sep 26, 2024 at 11:05:28PM +0200, Nick via Dng wrote:

> > CUPS (specifically cups-browserd)

I can't resist commenting that I am not the least surprised, and note
that lprng is still available.

My memory may be at fault, but wasn't cups imported from Apple? It was a
vastly complex mess replacing a nice simple straightforward printer
interface with a whole tangle of unnecessary GUI stuff. Just the sort of
thing that Apple users were used to.

Very much in the style of a certain systemd...

When I used lprng, I knew how it all worked and could fix problems. CUPS
was so complex, it was not worth the time...

ael